Fabric Protection (or scotchguarding) is an invisible barrier on carpets and upholstery that prevents stains, soils and spills from adhering to the carpet or upholstery fibre. When applied, this solvent based product effectively applies an invisible barrier to every fibre for maximum protection. It's colorless and odorless after the initial application.
Fabric Protection does not allow liquid to penetrate into the carpet, it will simply "bead up" or fall between the fibres, not into them. it works as an insurance premium for your carpet. It helps prevent spills or stains from dying the colour of the carpet so liquids such as colas, milk & coffee can be easily cleaned (when treated straight away, as per "After Care Instructions"). Most spills, treated immediately as per after care instructions, will come out - care should be taken for removal of acid-based stains.
Fabric Protection also prevents dirt from sticking to the carpet fibres. The dirt is held loosely around the carpet fibres making removal of the dirt easier. Which makes your carpets appear cleaner and remain like new for longer.
Because dirt does not stick to the fabric, vacuuming becomes more effective. When vacuuming untreated fabrics (with a normal vacuum cleaner) only 60% of the dirt is removed, the other 40% builds up in the fabric. When they are treated with a fabric protection up to an extra 40% of the dirt is vacuumed away.
Treated fabric remain cleaner for a longer period than untreated fabric - saving you money!
We cover all Darwin suburbs